Last updated December 2, 2022
COVID-19 protocols in effect: 该大学于2022年10月17日发布了关于更新COVID-19屏蔽措施的消息. Read the full message or scroll down to review our archived messages about COVID-19.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has been felt around the world, including at the University of Prince Edward Island. Although COVID-19 has changed aspects of how we teach and learn, UPEI remains committed to providing high quality education, as well as access to engaging and rewarding learning experiences, in a safe and responsible manner. 我们将继续监测不断变化的公共卫生状况，并将我们的校园运营基于PEI首席公共卫生办公室(PEI- cpho)的指导，以确保2022-2023学年的成功交付.
While many aspects of our lives have returned to pre-pandemic normal, COVID-19 remains very prevalent on PEI, and the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remains our top priority.
COVID-19 Protocols in effect for the 2022 Fall Academic Semester
Until further notice, masks continue to be required in
- all instructional spaces such as classrooms, laboratories, studios, lecture theatres, 以及表演艺术空间，除非你能与他们保持2米/ 6英尺的物理距离.
All masks are helpful, but you are encouraged to wear the highest quality, properly fitting mask you can source. Please refer to the Government of PEI’s Wearing Masks in the Community and Workplaces for more information.
In addition to masking, 我们请你们继续通过以下方式防止COVID-19和其他呼吸道疾病的传播
- getting fully vaccinated and/or your booster shots when eligible
Vaccination is an important way to prevent serious illness, but vaccines become less effective over time, 所以重要的是保持你的疫苗是最新的，以帮助保护你和其他人. You are strongly encouraged to become fully vaccinated, including obtaining your booster shots, when eligible and where possible. Visit the Government of PEI’s COVID-19 vaccine web page to learn about expanded options to get vaccinated and booster doses. (请注意:所有18岁以上前往加拿大旅行的国际学生都需要接种全面疫苗 Government of Canada page for more information.)
- employing good hand hygiene
Washing your hands often, especially after touching your face, blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, 使用洗手间或在公共场所接触经常接触的物体表面, remains a great defence in preventing the spread of COVID-19. 打喷嚏或咳嗽时，捂住口鼻，并洗手.
- staying home if you feel sick, and get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms
If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. Follow the PEI-CPHO’s guidance and use their online assessment tool to determine whether you need a PCR or rapid test.
While the PEI-CPHO ended the mandatory isolation requirement 2022年11月30日，UPEI仍然要求如果你检测呈阳性并且感觉不舒服，你可以呆在家里. 你应该呆在家里，直到以下所有症状都适用于你:你的症状已经改善了至少24小时(或如果你有恶心48小时), vomiting and/or diarrhea); you do not have a fever; you do not develop any additional symptoms.
Students who are ill and require academic accommodations for missed classes, assignments, midterms, or tests are to contact their instructors. Rapid testing kits are available at the Residence Services desk in Bill and Denise Andrew Hall for residence students; UPEI Health and Wellness Centre from 8:30 am–12 noon and 1–4 pm, Monday to Friday; and Panther Central desk at the UPEI Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre during operating hours.
- keeping up to date with the latest information from the PEI-CPHO and UPEI
UPEI will update the campus community via email and at artificial-horizon.com/covid-19-information as information becomes available; however, 关于COVID-19疫情和PEI措施的最新信息的最佳来源是 provincial COVID-19 website.
- Student Classroom Protocol
- Student Laboratory Protocol
- UPEI COVID-19 Pandemic Outbreak Plan
- International Student Guide
- UPEI Health, Safety, and Environment website
- UPEI Health and Wellness Centre website
University updates and messages
我们积极与PEI首席公共卫生办公室和其他网络合作，使UPEI社区随时了解与COVID-19相关的风险以及健康和安全指导. UPEI began communicating to students, staff, and faculty about COVID-19 in January 2020, sharing appropriate information from official government sources. 给校园社区的信息通过电子邮件分发，并张贴到上佩.ca website (see below).
Read previous messages:
- December 2, 2022– 来自总统的提醒:保护自己和他人——如果你生病了，就呆在家里
- October 17, 2022 – Masking remains required in instructional spaces; mask restrictions ease elsewhere on campus
- August 29, 2022 – REMINDER! COVID-19 protocols in effect for the 2022 Fall Academic Semester
- August 9, 2022 – 来自总统的消息:2022年秋季学术学期COVID-19更新
- June 14, 2022 – Message from the President: COVID-19 Update re: Masking
- April 12, 2022 – Message from the President: UPEI COVID-19 protocols after April 30
- April 1, 2022 – Message from the President: COVID-19 protocols to remain in place
- February 16, 2022 – 来自总统的消息:亲自教学和学习将于2月28日恢复
- January 21, 2022 – 来自总统的消息:2022年冬季学术学期的在线交付延长至2月27日
- January 19, 2022 – 来自总统的消息:PEI-CPHO宣布加强COVID-19限制
- January 14, 2022 – Message from the President: New guidance for post-secondary education on PEI
- January 6, 2022 – Message from the President: Extension of online learning/Updated Guidance
- December 21, 2021 – 来自总统的消息:2022年冬季学术学期的重要更新
- December 17, 2021 – Message from the President: New COVID-19 measures at UPEI
- December 8, 2021 – Possible COVID-19 Exposure Site on Campus
- November 2, 2021 – Message to Students re: 2022 Winter Academic Semester
- September 14, 2021 – Reminder! (大学社区):请提交您的疫苗接种证明/豁免
- September 13, 2021 – Reminder to students: Submit your Vaccination Attestation/Exemption Form
- August 31, 2021 – Proof of vaccination now required as part of UPEI COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- August 30, 2021 – UPEI to re-introduce mandatory masking effective September 8, 2021
- August 27, 2021 – UPDATE: UPEI Mandatory Vaccination Policy and Process
- August 24, 2021 – Message from the President: UPEI implementing mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations
- August 24, 2021 – Message to students about mandatory vaccinations
- August 13, 2021 – 来自V-P学术和研究办公室的信息:安全返回校园- 2021年秋季
- July 26, 2021 – 给学生的信息:2021年秋季学期前往PEI的学生的重要信息
- July 9, 2021 – Update on Mask-Wearing Guidance
- June 10, 2021 – 来自学生和注册主任AVP的信息:UPEI鼓励学生接种疫苗
- March 3, 2021 – 更新:现场活动将在UPEI恢复，2021年3月4日星期四生效
- February 28, 2021 – Urgent Update: New COVID-19 measures at UPEI, effective immediately
- February 24, 2021 – Update to Students on the UPEI 2021 Summer and Fall academic semesters
- January 2, 2021 – 副总裁们的信息:UPEI将于2021年1月4日恢复第三阶段的运营
- December 6, 2020 – 来自学生AVP和注册主任的信息:UPEI暂停亲自上课
- December 6, 2020 – Message from the President: UPEI moving back to essential services model
- November 26, 2020 – Updates re: Pre-Travel Requirements for travelling to and from PEI
- November 18, 2020 – 来自副总裁的信息:在PEI的所有室内公共场所必须佩戴口罩
- November 2, 2020 – Message from the AVP Students & Registrar re: Travelling/Leaving PEI over the Holiday break
- October 22, 2020 – UPEI Health Guidance Update: Easing of Mandatory Mask-Wearing Measure
- October 7, 2020 – Message from the AVP Students & Registrar re: Travel requirements during Thanksgiving/Fall Reading Week
- September 25, 2020 – Message from the VP Academic and Research re: 2021 Winter Semester
- September 9, 2020 – Message from the President: Welcome to the 2020 Fall Academic Semester
- September 3, 2020 – New: Masks mandatory in UPEI campus buildings
- July 27, 2020 – Message from the President: Details for Stage Three
- June 12, 2020 – Message from the President: Step by Step
- June 5, 2020 – 来自总统的消息:UPEI运营放松计划第二阶段的细节
- May 29, 2020 – Message from the President: Forging ahead to Fall 2020
- May 22, 2020 – Message from the President: Stage One begins Monday
- May 15, 2020 – Message from the President: A blended framework for the 2020 Fall Semester
- May 8, 2020 – Message from the President: UPEI’s Operational Ease-Back Plan
- May 1, 2020 – Message from the President: Planning the way forward
- April 23, 2020 – Message from the President: Updates about COVID-19 Measures & the Class of 2020
- April 16, 2020 – Message from the President: Supporting and taking care of one another
- April 9, 2020 – Message from the President: Signs of Spring
- April 3, 2020 – Message from the President: Let's take comfort in our united UPEI front
- March 27, 2020 – 来自总统的信息:建立一个更强大、更紧密的UPEI社区
- March 20, 2020 – Message from the President: Update, reminder, and thank you
- March 17, 2020 – Message from the President: Update on COVID-19 measures
- March 16, 2020 – Message from the President re: Convocation 2020 and spring session
- March 15, 2020 – URGENT UPDATE re: COVID-19 measures at UPEI
- March 13, 2020 – Message to UPEI Students regarding COVID-19
- March 11, 2020 – COVID-19 Update: UPEI travel restrictions expanded, FAQ now available
- March 3, 2020 – COVID-19 update from the Vice-President Administration and Finance
- February 4, 2020 – Update on the 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- January 23, 2020 – Information regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus infection outbreak in China